Monday, March 23, 2009

Putting in a summer garden in Montenido


Montenido is one of those delightful little communities tucked away into a canyon off the road to Malibu.  I put in a small summer garden for a client there today and had such a lovely time revisiting the "spent" winter garden I put in last Oct and getting all the new plants in for the next season.  We are a two season gardening climate here.  Montenido has its own slightly more chilly microclimate so one needs to be a tad careful about not putting in summer veg too soon.

When I was done I drove up the road to my dear friend Suze to see her lovely newly planted hillside.  A grand mixture of CA and Australian native plants.  The mountain backdrop to her house/garden and farm is stunning.

Note to self: When I earn a few more shillings I want to live in Montenido....

No comments: